Today’s Topic: Thanksgiving Freebie
Hosted by: That Artsy Reader Girl
Well, with Thanksgiving this week, one thing I’m certainly thankful for is that 2020 is almost over! (Can I get an amen?)
In all seriousness, I wanted to dig a bit deeper with this freebie to share what books and reading have done for me and why I am thankful for them, specifically.
And to my fellow Top Ten Tuesday-ers, I am thankful for you all and this little community hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. In a year full of challenges where I feel overwhelmed most days, this is one of the few posts I’ve kept up regularly on my blog, because of the connection it gives me. Many times it’s the small things that make the most difference in our lives. So thank you.
- Since time machines aren’t yet a thing and travel is significantly curtailed, I’m grateful that books are able to transport me to other worlds and allow me to inhabit other lives.
- For most of my life I have been able to lose myself in a books especially when needing an escape from reality.
- I like that reading introduces me to other perspectives, beliefs and cultures. It makes me get outside of my box.
- Many books have become like old friends which I often revisit when in need of comfort and cheer.
- Reading books has taught me to love the written word as well as the power and influence of a good story.
- Reading has introduced me to other people with the same interest and passion. It’s so nice to find others of like minds.